- 2 How do you comment a function?
- 3 How do you comment out a script?
- 5 How do I comment in JSON?
- 6 How do you write a good comment code?
- 7 Why are comments useful?
- 8 How are comments written in Java?
- 9 How do you comment multiple lines in shell script?
- 10 Why do we comment in our scripts?
- 11 How do you comment VS code?
- 12 How do you comment in VS code?
- 13 How do you comment in HTML?
How do you comment a function?
The single line comment is //. Everything from the // to the end of the line is a comment. To mark an entire region as a comment, use /* to start the comment and */ to end the comment.
How do you comment out a script?
You can insert comments and remarks in the script code, or deactivate parts of the script code by using comment marks. All text on a line that follows to the right of // (two forward slashes) will be considered a comment and will not be executed when the script is run.
How do I comment in JSON?
JSON does not support comments. It was also never intended to be used for configuration files where comments would be needed. Hjson is a configuration file format for humans.
How do you write a good comment code?
The basics tenets of commenting your code are simple:
- Make them brief.
- Keep them relevant.
- Use them liberally, but not to excess.
Why are comments useful?
Comments can be used to summarize code or to explain the programmer’s intent. According to this school of thought, restating the code in plain English is considered superfluous; the need to re-explain code may be a sign that it is too complex and should be rewritten, or that the naming is bad.
How are comments written in Java?
Single-line comments start with two forward slashes ( // ). Any text between // and the end of the line is ignored by Java (will not be executed).
How do you comment multiple lines in shell script?
Commenting Multiple Lines
- First, press ESC.
- Go to the line from which you want to start commenting.
- use the down arrow to select multiple lines that you want to comment.
- Now, press SHIFT + I to enable insert mode.
- Press # and it will add a comment to the first line.
Why do we comment in our scripts?
A comment is a human-readable explanation or annotation that is written in the shell script. The comments also help other developers and system administrators who may need to maintain the script to understand your code and its purpose. Comments are used to explain the code.
How do you comment VS code?
Comment Code Block Ctrl+K+C/Ctrl+K+U If you select a block of code and use the key sequence Ctrl+K+C, you’ll comment out the section of code. Ctrl+K+U will uncomment the code.
How do you comment in VS code?
Create a Comment in VSCode, the easy way.
- On Windows, the shortcut is: CTRL + /
- On Mac, the shortcut is: Command + /
How do you comment in HTML?
HTML comment Tag: Main Tips
- The is an HTML comment tag.
- To comment out in HTML, insert information between tags (browsers won’t show these notes).
- Commenting in HTML allows developers to leave notes about their code, its functionality or to indicate necessary changes for the future.