- 2 How do you comment out code?
- 5 How do I comment every line?
- 6 What is the shortcut to comment multiple lines?
- 7 How do you write a professional comment?
- 8 Is it good to comment code?
- 9 Are code comments bad?
- 11 How do I make a comment box in HTML?
- 12 How do you remove a comment in VS code?
- 13 Which commenting combination is correct for commenting out a block of code?
- 14 How do you comment code on a Mac?
How do you comment out code?
The single line comment is //. Everything from the // to the end of the line is a comment. To mark an entire region as a comment, use /* to start the comment and */ to end the comment.
- Step 1: Create a folder named public and create an index. html.
- Step 2: Add boilerplate Code to our index. html.
- Step 3: Create style.
- Step 4: Add the Pusher JS library and create app.
- Step 5: Creating Form for adding new comment.
- Step 6: Display list of comments received for this channel.
On a PC: Ctrl + Shift + / On a Mac: Command + Opt + /
How do I comment every line?
On Windows 10 you can use CTRL + } to comment/uncomment on any line or block of code. Option 2. While the text is selected hit Ctrl / Cmd + K and then Ctrl / Cmd + C.
What is the shortcut to comment multiple lines?
Here are the few shortcuts to comment code, which works great on Windows.
- Ctrl-/ to add or remove // for a single line of code, or for multiple selected lines.
- Ctrl-/ to add/remove // for a single line of code, or for multiple selected lines.
- Ctrl-shift-/ to add /* */ around selected code.
How do you write a professional comment?
Top ten tips for writing a great comment
- Read the article.
- Respond to the article.
- Read the other comments.
- Make it clear who you’re replying to.
- Use the return key.
- Avoid sarcasm.
- Avoid unnecessary acronyms.
- Use facts.
Is it good to comment code?
I think bad comments point out what code does, while good ones explain why code exists. A handy rule of thumb is: a comment should only be added to answer a question that the code can’t. If you aren’t confused by what a piece of code is doing, but rather why it’s doing it at that moment, then a comment should be added.
Are code comments bad?
Commenting code is on the generally-recognized list of code smells. But unlike most of the others on the list, comments are not always bad. Generally speaking, you should strive to minimize comments and let the code speak for itself, but it is just as important to include comments when the code cannot.
There are plenty of JS documentation tools (like JSDoc) that use comments to provide documentation and simply grab them out of the parse, typically without executing code. Once you have a parser that can produce an AST with comment nodes, you can walk that tree and tie the comments to the following node.
How do I make a comment box in HTML?
Simply fill in the blanks or remove uneeded attributes.
- The <form> Tag. For an explanation of all the attributes, see the HTML form tag specifications.
- The <textarea> Tag. This tag defines the comment box within the form.
How do you remove a comment in VS code?
Once installed, remove comments in your code by opening the command palette (Ctrl+Shift+P), entering “Remove all comments” and pressing enter.
Which commenting combination is correct for commenting out a block of code?
To comment out a block of code, use // on multiple lines of code, or the /* */ style comment to turn the block of code into a comment temporarily.
How do you comment code on a Mac?
In this article To comment out an entire block of code: Select the code and select Toggle Line Comment(s) from the context menu.