- 3 What is a comment block?
- 4 How do I block comment code?
- 5 How do I comment every line?
- 6 What is the shortcut to comment multiple lines?
- 8 What are the best practices for commenting your code?
- 10 How do you end a comment?
- 11 How do you write a good comment example?
- 12 What is the purpose of adding comment?
- 13 What is commented code?
- 14 How do I comment multiple lines in Yaml?
- 15 How do you comment or code?
What is a comment block?
The second is called a Block comment and refers usually refers to a paragraph of text. A block comment has a start symbol and an end symbol and everything between is ignored by the computer.
How do I block comment code?
To block comment /* */ code:
- In the C/C++ editor, select multiple line(s) of code to comment out.
- To comment out multiple code lines right-click and select Source > Add Block Comment. ( CTRL+SHIFT+/ )
- To uncomment multiple code lines right-click and select Source > Remove Block Comment. ( CTRL+SHIFT+ )
How do I comment every line?
On Windows 10 you can use CTRL + } to comment/uncomment on any line or block of code. Option 2. While the text is selected hit Ctrl / Cmd + K and then Ctrl / Cmd + C.
What is the shortcut to comment multiple lines?
Here are the few shortcuts to comment code, which works great on Windows.
- Ctrl-/ to add or remove // for a single line of code, or for multiple selected lines.
- Ctrl-/ to add/remove // for a single line of code, or for multiple selected lines.
- Ctrl-shift-/ to add /* */ around selected code.
What are the best practices for commenting your code?
Here are some rules to help you achieve a happy medium:
- Rule 1: Comments should not duplicate the code.
- Rule 2: Good comments do not excuse unclear code.
- Rule 3: If you can’t write a clear comment, there may be a problem with the code.
- Rule 4: Comments should dispel confusion, not cause it.
How do you end a comment?
End comments usually start out with a positive about the paper. Every paper has a positive; it is good to mention and praise the positive to encourage the writer. Honesty in commentary is important, however; it is not a good idea to write insincere praise, just to write praise.
How do you write a good comment example?
To get the most out of commenting on F1 Fanatic, here are ten quick and easy tips on how to write a great comment.
- Read the article.
- Respond to the article.
- Read the other comments.
- Make it clear who you’re replying to.
- Use the return key.
- Avoid sarcasm.
- Avoid unnecessary acronyms.
- Use facts.
What is the purpose of adding comment?
In computer programming, a comment is a programmer-readable explanation or annotation in the source code of a computer program. They are added with the purpose of making the source code easier for humans to understand, and are generally ignored by compilers and interpreters.
What is commented code?
Filters. (programming) To temporarily disable a section of source code by converting it into a comment.
How do I comment multiple lines in Yaml?
yaml files), you can comment-out multiple lines by:
- selecting lines to be commented, and then.
- Ctrl + Shift + C.
How do you comment or code?
Comment-out code in VSCode
- Windows: Ctrl + /
- Mac: Command + /