- 1 Which Java should I install 32 or 64 bit?
- 2 Which Java version is best for Windows 10?
- 3 Can I install Java 32 bit and 64 bit?
- 4 How do I get 64 bit Java?
- 5 Do I need both 32 and 64 bit Java?
- 6 How do I know if my JDK is 32 or 64 bit?
- 7 Does Windows 10 need 2021 Java?
- 8 Does Windows 10 need Java?
- 9 Does Chrome use Java?
- 10 Can Java run on 32-bit?
- 11 Why is Java installing 32-bit?
- 12 How do I install Java 32-bit?
- 13 Is Java 64-bit safe?
- 14 Is Minecraft Java 64-bit?
- 15 Is Java 1.8 the same as Java 8?
Which Java should I install 32 or 64 bit?
Strictly speaking, on a 32-bit CPU architecture machine, you should install 32-bit java/JRE. On the other hand, on a 64-bit CPU architecture machine, you are free to choose between 32-bit java/JRE and 64-bit java/JRE. Both will work just fine.
Which Java version is best for Windows 10?
Java SE 12 is the latest JDK development kit for Windows, Linux, and macOS platforms. And, today, we’ll show you how to install JDK in Windows 10. Before installing JDK, check that your platform meets the system requirements for Java SE 12. Java SE is compatible with the Windows 10, 8, and 7 platforms.
Can I install Java 32 bit and 64 bit?
4 Answers. Yes, it is absolutely no problem. You could even have multiple versions of both 32bit and 64bit Java installed at the same time on the same machine.
How do I get 64 bit Java?
Installing 64-bit Java on your system
- Choose the 64-bit Windows offline download. The File Download dialog box appears.
- Choose the folder location.
- Close all applications including the browser.
- Double-click on the saved file icon to start the installation process.
Do I need both 32 and 64 bit Java?
Probably not (actually one would hope you don’t need Java support in the browser at all, but that’s unrealistic for many). Even in 64 bit Windows the default IE client is the 32 bit version. Unless you need Java support in the 64 bit version of IE don’t install it.
How do I know if my JDK is 32 or 64 bit?
Under Windows 7 in the “Control Panel” under “Programs | Programs and Features” the 64 -bit variants of JRE & JDK are listed with “64-bit” in parentheses (e.g. “Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 65 (64-Bit)”), while for the 32-bit variants the variant is not mentioned in parentheses (e.g. just “Java SE Development Kit 8
Does Windows 10 need 2021 Java?
You only need Java if an app requires it. The app will prompt you. So, yes, you can uninstall it and it’s likely safer if you do.
Does Windows 10 need Java?
No, Java is not routinely needed – some websites may try to make use of it, but even if you did install it I would recommend explicitly denying it to be used on websites.
Does Chrome use Java?
When we load a website or a web service in which Java technology is used, shows a message, the Chrome browser does not support Java. The reason is that the Chrome browser no longer supports the NPAPI. NPAPI is a technology that supports Java applets. Therefore, Java plugin does not work for the browsers.
Can Java run on 32-bit?
Java is available on Microsoft Windows in 64 and 32 bit versions, allowing users to get the appropriate version for their system. Users can even run both side-by-side for 64 bit operating systems.
Why is Java installing 32-bit?
In general 32-bit java is installed because many browsers are still 32 bit. This is changing allot with time, but for the longest time browsers stuck to being mostly 32-bit. 32-bit programs run fine on 64-bit operating systems.
How do I install Java 32-bit?
Download and Install
- Go to the Manual download page.
- Click on Windows Online.
- The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the download file. To run the installer, click Run. To save the file for later installation, click Save. Choose the folder location and save the file to your local system.
Is Java 64-bit safe?
Java also represents an added security risk, like all software. The added complication with Windows 7 is that there are separate versions of Java for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer. Windows 7 ships with both, though 32-bit is the default, possibly because there is no 64-bit version of Adobe Flash.
Is Minecraft Java 64-bit?
6 Answers. Minecraft is written in Java, so it should “adapt” itself to both 32-bit and 64-bit systems (depending if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit Java runtime). While Minecraft itself is not optimized for 64-bit, it will take advantage of JVM optimizations for 64-bit processors.
Is Java 1.8 the same as Java 8?
javac -source 1.8 (is an alias for javac -source 8 ) java.