- 1 What is a header comment in Java?
- 2 What is a header comment?
- 3 How do you comment in Java?
- 4 What should go in a comment header?
- 5 What is single line comment?
- 6 What are JavaDoc comments?
- 7 How do you write a good comment in code?
- 8 How do you comment positively?
- 9 Why are comments useful?
- 10 What are the different kinds of comments?
- 11 What is multiline comment?
- 12 What is multi line comment in Java?
- 13 Should code have comments?
- 14 Which two are the correct syntax for adding comments?
- 15 What’s the definition of commenting?
What is a header comment in Java?
This form for the class header is the standard for documenting java programs. It is refered to as a “javadoc” comment because it is used by the javadoc program to automatically generate documentation in HTML format. You will not be required to run javadoc on your programs but it is a useful capability to know about.
What is a header comment?
File Header comments are used to identify what is in a file, who wrote it, the date it was written, and a description of what is being solved by the code in the file. All program files should have header comments and it should be located at the TOP of the file! The author, date, and course number.
How do you comment in Java?
Adding Comments to Java Code
- Traditional comments: The first five lines of the listing form one traditional comment. The comment begins with /* and ends with */.
- End-of-line comments: The text //I?
- Javadoc comments: A javadoc comment begins with a slash and two asterisks (/**).
What should go in a comment header?
Your comment header should include at least your name, course/section, date, and a brief description of the assignment. If the assignment asks you to submit multiple files, each file’s comment header should describe that file/class and its main purpose in the program.
What is single line comment?
Single-line comments allow narrative on only one line at a time. Single-line comments can begin in any column of a given line and end at a new line or carriage return. The // character sequence marks the text following it as a single-line comment.
What are JavaDoc comments?
In general, Javadoc comments are any multi-line comments (” /** */ “) that are placed before class, field, or method declarations. They must begin with a slash and two stars, and they can include special tags to describe characteristics like method parameters or return values.
How do you write a good comment in code?
Here are some rules to help you achieve a happy medium:
- Rule 1: Comments should not duplicate the code.
- Rule 2: Good comments do not excuse unclear code.
- Rule 3: If you can’t write a clear comment, there may be a problem with the code.
- Rule 4: Comments should dispel confusion, not cause it.
How do you comment positively?
Exactly right! Keep it up. Excellent Keep up the good work. Exceptional Magnificent Exciting Majestic thoughts Exemplary Marvelous Exhilarating Meritorious Extraordinary Much better Fabulous My goodness, how impressive!
Why are comments useful?
Comments can be used to summarize code or to explain the programmer’s intent. According to this school of thought, restating the code in plain English is considered superfluous; the need to re-explain code may be a sign that it is too complex and should be rewritten, or that the naming is bad.
What are the different kinds of comments?
In Java there are three types of comments:
- Single – line comments.
- Multi – line comments.
- Documentation comments.
What is multiline comment?
Multiline comments are used for large text descriptions of code or to comment out chunks of code while debugging applications. Comments are ignored by the compiler.
What is multi line comment in Java?
Multi line comments in Java start with /* and end with */. You can comment multiple lines just by placing them between /* and */. /* Hello this is the way to write multi line comments in Java */
Should code have comments?
Good comments compliment your code, while bad ones pull readers away from the main points. Before putting any comments, ask yourself whether it would serve any purposes rather than distract people from comprehending your program. Good codes have rhythm while mediocre codes have a lot of pauses.
Which two are the correct syntax for adding comments?
Breakpoints will stop program execution at the last breakpoint. Which two are the correct syntax for adding comments? Start with two slashes (//). End with two slashes (//).
What’s the definition of commenting?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1: commentary. 2: a note explaining, illustrating, or criticizing the meaning of a writing Comments on the passage were printed in the margin. 3a: an observation or remark expressing an opinion or attitude critical comments constructive comments.