- 1 What does Java compiler do with comments?
- 2 What compiler is used for Java?
- 3 What does compile mean Java?
- 4 How do I compile a Java file?
- 5 Are comments compiled Java?
- 6 How do you comment in Java?
- 7 Is Java a compiler?
- 8 Why compiler is used in Java?
- 9 What JVM means?
- 10 Why bytecode is called bytecode?
- 11 What is compile PLC?
- 12 What it means to compile code?
- 13 How do I install Java?
- 14 What is in Java command?
- 15 What is array in Java?
What does Java compiler do with comments?
Java comments are notes in a Java code file that are ignored by the compiler and runtime engine. They are used to annotate the code in order to clarify its design and purpose. You can add an unlimited number of comments to a Java file, but there are some “best practices” to follow when using comments.
What compiler is used for Java?
Java compilers include the Java Programming Language Compiler (javac), the GNU Compiler for Java (GCJ), the Eclipse Compiler for Java (ECJ) and Jikes. Programmers typically write language statements in a given programming language one line at a time using a code editor or an integrated development environment (IDE).
What does compile mean Java?
Compiling a Java program means taking the programmer-readable text in your program file (also called source code) and converting it to bytecodes, which are platform-independent instructions for the Java VM.
How do I compile a Java file?
How to compile a java program
- Open a command prompt window and go to the directory where you saved the java program. Assume it’s C:.
- Type ‘javac MyFirstJavaProgram. java’ and press enter to compile your code.
Are comments compiled Java?
No, documentation isn’t included in the compiled class file. The javadocs can be generated with the javadoc program. All javadoc will be converterd to HTML.
How do you comment in Java?
Adding Comments to Java Code
- Traditional comments: The first five lines of the listing form one traditional comment. The comment begins with /* and ends with */.
- End-of-line comments: The text //I?
- Javadoc comments: A javadoc comment begins with a slash and two asterisks (/**).
Is Java a compiler?
A Java compiler is a compiler for the programming language Java. The Java virtual machine (JVM) loads the class files and either interprets the bytecode or just-in-time compiles it to machine code and then possibly optimizes it using dynamic compilation.
Why compiler is used in Java?
The compiler translates your source code instructions into Java bytecode instructions. In other words, the compiler takes code that you can write and understand and translates it into code that a computer can execute (like the code here).
What JVM means?
A Java virtual machine (JVM) is a virtual machine that enables a computer to run Java programs as well as programs written in other languages that are also compiled to Java bytecode.
Why bytecode is called bytecode?
The name bytecode stems from instruction sets that have one-byte opcodes followed by optional parameters. Bytecode may often be either directly executed on a virtual machine (a p-code machine i.e., interpreter), or it may be further compiled into machine code for better performance.
What is compile PLC?
In the “Compile and download objects” dialog you prepare the objects that can be selected in your project or multiproject for transfer to the PLC and their subsequent download (if desired). For blocks in a block folder “compile” means that the consistency of the blocks is checked.
What it means to compile code?
Compiling is the transformation from Source Code (human readable) into machine code (computer executable). A compiler takes the recipe (code) for a new program (written in a high level language) and transforms this Code into a new language (Machine Language) that can be understood by the computer itself.
How do I install Java?
Install Java in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer icon and go to Java.com.
- Select the Free Java Download button, and then select Agree and Start Free Download.
- On the notification bar, select Run.
- Select Install > Close.
- If you’re having problems installing or using Java, look for answers in the Java Help Center.
What is in Java command?
The java command starts a Java application. It does this by starting a Java runtime environment, loading a specified class, and calling that class’s main method. By default, the first argument without an option is the name of the class to be called. A fully qualified class name should be used.
What is array in Java?
An array in Java is a set of variables referenced by using a single variable name combined with an index number. Each item of an array is an element. All the elements in an array must be of the same type. An int array can contain int values, for example, and a String array can contain strings.