- 1 What is a documentation comment?
- 2 How do you comment properly in Java?
- 3 How do you use Java documentation?
- 4 What is comment line in Java?
- 5 What is single-line comment?
- 6 How do I write a PHPDoc comment?
- 7 How do you comment multiple lines in Java?
- 8 What are the three types of comments in Java?
- 9 What is multiline comment?
- 10 What is Java code documentation?
- 11 What is Java project documentation?
- 12 What was the initial name of Java?
- 13 What is comment in Java give example?
- 14 Is 0 True or false Java?
- 15 What are the different types of comments?
What is a documentation comment?
In source code files, comments having a certain form can be used to direct a tool to produce XML from those comments and the source code elements, which they precede. Comments using such syntax are called documentation comments. The output produced by the documentation generator is called the documentation file.
How do you comment properly in Java?
Style. By convention, in Java, documentation comments are set inside the comment delimiters /** */ with one comment per class, interface, or member. The comment should appear right before the declaration of the class, interface or member and each line of the comment should begin with a “*”.
How do you use Java documentation?
Generating Java Documentation
- Select Generate Javadoc… from the Projectmenu in Eclipse.
- Select one or more package for which the Javadoc will be generated.
- Provide the documentation title; make sure all the basic options and document tags are checked.
What is comment line in Java?
Comments in Java are the statements that are not executed by the compiler and interpreter. It can be used to provide information or explanation about the variable, method, class or any statement. It can also be used to hide program code for a specific time.
What is single-line comment?
Single-line comments allow narrative on only one line at a time. Single-line comments can begin in any column of a given line and end at a new line or carriage return. The // character sequence marks the text following it as a single-line comment.
How do I write a PHPDoc comment?
In a PHPDoc block, select the desired empty line and press Ctrl+Space. Select the relevant tag from the suggestion list. If the entered tag has several values, press Ctrl+Space and select the desired value from the suggestion list.
How do you comment multiple lines in Java?
Multi line comments in Java start with /* and end with */. You can comment multiple lines just by placing them between /* and */.
What are the three types of comments in Java?
In Java there are three types of comments:
- Single – line comments.
- Multi – line comments.
- Documentation comments.
What is multiline comment?
Multiline comments are used for large text descriptions of code or to comment out chunks of code while debugging applications. Comments are ignored by the compiler.
What is Java code documentation?
Javadoc is a tool that generates Java code documentation in the HTML format from Java source code. The documentation is formed from Javadoc comments that are usually placed above classes, methods, or fields.
What is Java project documentation?
A document explaining the source code etc. A document explaining the purpose of the files & directories that are required for compiler settings, project definitions etc. A document that explains the deployment directory structure.
What was the initial name of Java?
The language was initially called Oak after an oak tree that stood outside Gosling’s office. Later the project went by the name Green and was finally renamed Java, from Java coffee, a type of coffee from Indonesia.
What is comment in Java give example?
Single-line comments start with two forward slashes ( // ). Any text between // and the end of the line is ignored by Java (will not be executed).
Is 0 True or false Java?
A 0 (zero) is treated as false. Where as in JAVA there is a separate data type boolean for true and false. In C and C++ there is no data type called boolean. That’s why it instead uses 1 and 0 as replacements for true and false values.
What are the different types of comments?
Types of Comments in Java
- Single-line Comments. As the name suggests, it is for the beginners and is in a single line Java comments.
- Multi-line Comments.
- Documentation Comments.