- 1 What is /* in Java?
- 2 How do you comment out code in Java?
- 3 How are comments implemented in Java?
- 4 How do you comment professionally in Java?
- 5 What are Javadoc comments?
- 6 What is true Java?
- 7 How do you comment multiple lines?
- 8 What are the two types of comments?
- 9 How can I comment out code quickly?
- 10 Why comments are used in Java?
- 11 Is 0 True or false Java?
- 12 How do I write a Javadoc?
- 13 What is comment give an example?
- 14 How do you write a good comment code?
- 15 How do you comment in code?
What is /* in Java?
/** and /* in Java comments Java supports single-line and multi-line comments very similar to C and C++. /** is known as documentation comments. It is used by Javadoc tool while creating the documentation for the program code. /* is used for multi-line comments.
How do you comment out code in Java?
Adding Comments to Java Code
- Traditional comments: The first five lines of the listing form one traditional comment. The comment begins with /* and ends with */.
- End-of-line comments: The text //I?
- Javadoc comments: A javadoc comment begins with a slash and two asterisks (/**).
How are comments implemented in Java?
Generally, code comments are “implementation” comments that explain the source code, such as descriptions of classes, interfaces, methods, and fields. These are usually a couple of lines written above or beside Java code to clarify what it does. Another type of Java comment is a Javadoc comment.
How do you comment professionally in Java?
Style. By convention, in Java, documentation comments are set inside the comment delimiters /** */ with one comment per class, interface, or member. The comment should appear right before the declaration of the class, interface or member and each line of the comment should begin with a “*”.
What are Javadoc comments?
In general, Javadoc comments are any multi-line comments (” /** */ “) that are placed before class, field, or method declarations. They must begin with a slash and two stars, and they can include special tags to describe characteristics like method parameters or return values.
What is true Java?
Allocates a Boolean object representing the value true if the string argument is not null and is equal, ignoring case, to the string “true”. Otherwise, allocate a Boolean object representing the value false. Examples: new Boolean(“True”) produces a Boolean object that represents true.
How do you comment multiple lines?
The keyboard shortcut to comment multiple in Windows is shift + alt + A.
What are the two types of comments?
Using Two Types of Comments
- Marginal comments.
- End comments.
How can I comment out code quickly?
If you’re in vs code just enter ctrl + /. For VS studio 2017 ctrl + k + u. If you are using visual studio as your IDE you can use the following: Ctrl+K+C to commment and Ctrl+K+U to uncomment. If using pycharm or VS Code: Use Cntrl+/ to comment and uncomment.
Why comments are used in Java?
Comments in Java are the statements that are not executed by the compiler and interpreter. It can be used to provide information or explanation about the variable, method, class or any statement. It can also be used to hide program code for a specific time.
Is 0 True or false Java?
A 0 (zero) is treated as false. Where as in JAVA there is a separate data type boolean for true and false. In C and C++ there is no data type called boolean. That’s why it instead uses 1 and 0 as replacements for true and false values.
How do I write a Javadoc?
Javadoc coding standard
- Write Javadoc to be read as source code.
- Public and protected.
- Use the standard style for the Javadoc comment.
- Use simple HTML tags, not valid XHTML.
- Use a single <p> tag between paragraphs.
- Use a single <li> tag for items in a list.
- Define a punchy first sentence.
What is comment give an example?
To comment is to make a statement, remark or express an opinion. An example of comment is when you share your opinion on an issue. The definition of a comment is a statement or remark. An example of a comment is a statement released in the paper that someone made about a scandal going on.
How do you write a good comment code?
The basics tenets of commenting your code are simple:
- Make them brief.
- Keep them relevant.
- Use them liberally, but not to excess.
How do you comment in code?
How to comment Code: Primarily, a single “block” comment should be placed at the top of the function (or file) and describe the purpose the code and any algorithms used to accomplish the goal. In-line comments should be used sparingly, only where the code is not “self-documenting”.